Holiday Card and Gift Blitz

Nov 18, 2012

At The Rubber Café today . . .

As I was sitting down to plan my Christmas cards this year, I really wanted to do something “Outside the Box” so I challenged myself to make this year's holiday cards without any of the traditional materials . . or at last as few of them as possible.

 
By using items that I wouldn't normally use for Christmas, it allowed me to be more creative. I love using products in totally different ways than what is expected.


I used the fun Stamping with Glue technique using the Pattern Royale Background Stamp from The Rubber Café along with You’re So Fine Glitter in Diamond Cool Clear Highlight, to create this artsy background. I also used some white paint splatters for my “snow” to give it some interest.




I hope I’ve inspired you to “think” outside the box when making this year’s holiday cards. Would love to see what you come up with.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Enjoy.  

Supplies Used:

Stamps: The Rubber Cafe  Pattern Royale Background Stamp
Paper: Watercolor Paper
Inks: Pugnacious Signature, Cream
Adhesives: Scrap Happy Sheer Girl Big Girl Bottle, 4 oz, One and Only Tape  
Embellishments: You’re So Fine Glitter in Bronze Medal, Silver MedalDiamond Cool Clear Highlight, Jellie Dots in Holly Berry Red
Tools: Sewing Machine, yellow thread

7 comments:

Lynda Darby said...

Beautiful! Is that just rolled up newspaper?

Eva said...

Michele, this is such a FABULOUS card...love your outside of the box thinking turned into something GORGEOUS!!!

Dawnll said...

I really like this design, and so fun with the vintage feel.So glad I seen this one

Creative Mayhem said...

Hi Lynda! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is actually rolled up vintage French dictionary paper and then stamped/glitter with the same background as the card. Thanks for your sweet comment!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Wow, love your Christmas card Michele!! LOVE the vintage French dictionary papers!!! This is so cool--love all the sparkle too!!

Jen said...

This is so great! Good job. It was worth the paint splattering all over?!

Creative Mayhem said...

Ha Jen! Yes it was. I had it ALL OVER ME!!!

Blog contents © Creative Mayhem 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.