Cupcakes all Red, White, and Blue

Jul 2, 2011

I love the challenge at the Rubber Café this week because it ties in so nicely with the 4th of July weekend!  I can’t wait to spend some quality time with family and friends and be thankful that we can get together and celebrate!  We owe a huge thanks to the men and women who have ever fought for our safety and freedom!  THANK YOU!!!

We always do something during this time of year to show our gratitude. So my daughter and I came up with a Thank You Cupcake decoration to take to the annual 4th of July party across the street! We were inspired by the rosette tutorial earlier this week.

cupcake

This centerpiece will adorn a plateful of cupcakes that my 10 year old decorated. Didn’t she do a great job??? 

The topper was fun to make. I stamped my sentiment with the Fabulous Phrases Thanks stamp and placed it on my rosette.  The rosette is glittered in the beautiful Your So Fine Glitter in Diamond Clear.  This is the first time I used this glitter and let me tell you, it is so fine . . . baby fine. I LOVE IT!!!! It goes right back in the container so smoothly too. 

cupcake2

Here is a close-up. I used the glitter in between the Want2Scrap™ Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabling™ and also with the Background Basics Stamp. I thought that looked like basket weave and was very patriotic!

I also used the Scrap Happy Glue for the first time to adhere my rosette to the Spellbinders™ Heart Circles diecut. I love that the glue doesn’t gunk up the bottle.  That one is a keeper as well.  You can never have too much glue!

I hope this inspires you to say thanks to those who’ve served you well. 

Happy 4th of July everybody!!

Michele

3 comments:

Maggie Lamarre said...

ooooh I luv it when is Lilly coming over to help me out :)
Looks fantastic luv it...
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Dana Gustafson said...

OK, THIS is 4th of July fabulous! Love it! ANd I was getting ready to lavish praise for your cake decorating skills and then read it was your DAUGHTER who did the frosting work! Please tell her I need lessons! The apple obviously doesn't fall far from the tree :)

Have a wonderful 4th!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Fantastic 4th of July cupcake and topper!! These would look great on the picnic table but I bet they wouldn't last long because they look pretty yummy!! Great job on your rosette cupcake topper and tell Lilly she did a Fabulous job on the cupcakes!! Happy 4th of July!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend/holiday!! Hugs

Blog contents © Creative Mayhem 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.