Pumpkins and Shades of Brown

Sep 17, 2011

I LOVE Fall!  It’s my favorite time of year. The leaves turn beautiful colors, the pumpkins come out, and we start to appreciate and be thankful for what we have been given throughout the year.

So with this challenge I wanted to reflect on Fall by capturing its colors and of course its pumpkins!

fallpumpkincard1

By using the pumpkin from the CL-002 Pumpkin Face Mix n Match Set , I created this dressed up glossy pumpkin by double stamping it onto paper painted with Tim Holtz Crackle Paint and then popping it up with glots made from our Scrap Happy Glue. If you haven’t seen Melissa’s video on how to use her fabulous glue. Check it out here!

 

 
Here’s a close-up. I like using the glue to make my adhesive dots because I can control the thickness and size I need.
 
fallpumpkincard2

I didn’t put a sentiment on this card because I wanted to leave that beautiful pumpkin in the center. I also used some leftover bling from the Nestabling Beaded Square Silver Rhinestones and used my markers to give it just the right Fall color I needed. That was fun and easy to customize!

fallpumpkincard4

 

I hope you were inspired to create your Fall card this week for the challenge! Add your link to the Fabulous Fall post for a chance to with a $20 gift certificate to the Rubber Café Store!

Enjoy!

Michele

Supplies used:

1 comments:

Heidi Blankenship said...

Gorgeous card!! I Love the crackle background and the rich brown colors! Love your stick pin and the flowers too!! Beautiful!!

Blog contents © Creative Mayhem 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.