Special Touches with Gift Wrapping

Nov 12, 2011


I always like to add that extra something special to my gift wrapping for every person I give a gift to. I guess it is my way of showing that person how special they are to me.

So for this challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to do in creating my own wrapping paper:

wrapping

I love the background stamps at The Rubber Café because they are so interesting in and of themselves. . especially this I-986 Roaring 20’s Placard!

wrapping3

Simply stamp repeatedly to make a seamless background. Then using the Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur simply cut the #2 fancy tag from S5-031 Fancy Tags Three and you've got yourself a tag.

wrapping2

I also made a small ornament embellishment using shrinking dinks and our I-980 Swirled Ornament with Hanging Ribbon stamp. I simply topped it off with some glossy accents and that was it!  So simple but yet very elegant.

I hope I’ve inspired you to make your wrapping a little bit more interesting. Would love to see what you come up with.

Supplies used:
Stamps:  I-986 Roaring 20’s PlacardI-980 Swirled Ornament with Hanging Ribbon stamp
Paper: Brown Grocery Bag, DCWV Elegant Stack
Ink: Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Dies: Spellbinders™ Grand Calibur, S5-031 Fancy Tags Three #2

Glue: TRC Scrap Happy Glue, glue gun
Accessories: Making Memories Velvet Pleated Ribbon, Making Memories Floral Mesh Ribbon, Vintage button, Want2Scrap Baby Bling Creme

Happy stamping!

dtsignature-michele

1 comments:

Heidi Blankenship said...

Beautiful!! I LOVE your wrapping paper--the stamp that you used is absolutely perfect for the gift wrapping!! Gorgeous charm with the shrink plastic!! Fantastic Job and very Inspiring!!

Blog contents © Creative Mayhem 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.